How to Choose The Best Electric Razor For Sensitive Skin: All You Need To Know
Shaving has been a part of grooming routine among men. If you have a sensitive skin-- nicks, cuts, and bumps are common after shaving. Here's a list of the best electric razors for sensitive skin that will help you get the optimum shaving experience.
*Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
How to Properly Shave for a Smooth Finish?
Having the best electric shaver for sensitive skin will be worthless if you can’t use it the right way. Read on and check if you have been doing it properly all this time.
- Keep your beard wet! Yes, prevent yourself from the urge of pat-drying your face after shower. This will keep your stubble soft and will give you a more flawless and closer shave.
- Use a Good Shaving Foams, Cream or Gel. Water dries out fast and we need to apply foams, creams, or gel to keep your stubble moisturize as you shave.
- Keep your hands and face clean. As mentioned above, it is important to wash your face or shower since shaving gets rid off the outermost layer of your skin. Keeping your razor, face, and hands clean will prevent infection and breakout.
- Shaving Properly. Ideally, all you have to do is just shave towards the hair growth. Begin shaving from either side of your face and work towards the center.
- Use a good post-shaving gel. This will keep your skin moisturized and prevent drying and irritation.
How to Choose the Best Razor Perfect for You?
#1. Determine Your Shaving Goals
Are you trying to keep your entire face flawless and hair-free by shaving regularly? Or, are you just trying to keep your style and trimming the little excess that comes along the way? There is a specific type of razor for every need.
- Foil-blade razors: The perfect type of razors for those with sensitive skin! It is built with a thin metal foil that will separate your skin from the razor, blades thus, preventing direct contact and irritation. With this little guy, you can absolutely shave as often as you want!
- Rotary shavers: This type of electric razor has 3 rotating discs, which is great for trimming longer hair. The rotating heads sort of “floats” and accommodate to your face contour so that you can easily reach specific and hard to reach areas to trim.
#2. Power Supply Convenience
When it comes to electric razor convenience, people tend to have conflicting stand on this one. Your own preference is really the key deciding factor.
- Battery-Operated: This baby comes handy for frequent travelers. The only downside is you can never ensure the efficiency because battery level can not always be consistent.
- Corded: Perfect for those who usually shaves at home. It has steady power supply and it’s plug-and-play. Some may find the cord annoying, though. It’s a distraction that you have to deal with.
- Plug-In: The perfect solution for those who want a steady and consistent power without having to deal with the cord. If you don’t wish to deal with a cord, yet have the time to charge your razor around 1-2 hours prior to use, the plug-in type will be ideal for you!
#3. Ease of Cleaning
The time and effort spent in maintaining the cleanliness of your electric razor should always be one of the key considerations in your purchase. When you got sensitive skin, you are prone to infection-so your grooming kit and tools must always kept clean.
- Foil-blade razors are generally easier to clean, given that you keep the blade protected at all times.
- Modern (and more expensive) electric razors come with their own charging port and cleaning stations. Make sure to read the manual so you could clean it as recommended.
- For rotating razor, as long as you clean it the proper way, you are safe. Feel free to read this article about the proper way of cleaning your electric razor.
#4. Ease of Grip
Never forget that the most common reason why we experience shaving mishaps, is when we accidentally slip or let go of our grip-yaikkkz!
- Make sure that your razor should have an ergonomic design to prevent it from slipping.
- If possible, make sure to get a touch and feel of the grip to make sure you are comfortable using it according to your needs.
#5. Accessibility of replacement blades
Like your good old traditional razors, electric razors requires maintenance and blade replacement in the long run. It would be a total waste if instead of replacing the blade, you will have to buy an entire new razor each time.
- Always ask if a replacement blade is available whenever you are buying an electric shaver.
- Also check how easy it is to find those replacements and how to replace them.
- Check the price. It wouldn’t be ideal if you spend so much on a replacement when you can already use the money to buy a new set.
Top 5 Best Electric Razors for Sensitive Skin You Could Choose From!
This is one of the most popular foil-blade electric razors in the market. One look at this product and you’ll appreciate what premium quality is all about. It also offers a good grip.
- It offers 4 blades with a powerful dual motor.
- Has a linear drive that delivers 14,000 cuts her minute.
- Premium built with pivoting head.
- It has wet/dry capability (waterproof).
- Beautiful LCD display to easily check power status.
- Cordless and ergonomic.
- Elegant yet practical.
- Battery and power is great.
- Easy to clean.
- Easy to get replacement blades.
- It doesn’t have its own washing station.
- It doesn’t have an automatic shutdown mechanism.
- Trimmer is big, but not very effective.
- Shaver is noisier than average.
- Can be too big and heavy for some.
Why you should get it: It is a premium quality razor within a budget. It has all the features you want for the most satisfying shaving experience without getting broke.
If you want to take your shaving experience to the next level, this razor will be the best investment you could ever make. Every corner of this one yells “premium quality”. It has all the features of the signature Panasonic Arc4 System but just got even better!
- It has all the features you loved from the Panasonic Multi-Flex ES-LA63-S Men’s Electric Razor plus more!.
- Very beautiful and elegant.
- Portable and convenient to carry around with its universal voltage conversion and a travel lock.
- Features both automatic cleaning station and charging station.
- It has a great display and aesthetics, backed up by premium quality materials and build.
- You can use it inside or outside of the shower,
- Motor is powerful, yet not noisy at all.
- Ergonomic and very easy to use.
- Results in a very close and flawless shave.
- Bigger, and a little heavier than most common electric shaver of its kind.
- No sleep mode.
- Trimmer is so-so.
- LED display goes off from time to time.
- Sturdy lock button at the back is a little more difficult to operate than usual shavers.
Why you should get it: On top of aesthetics, this product delivers great convenience, speed, and closeness (with regard to shaving). You will be the envy of any men with this premium product at hand. It’s great for travel too!
There is no glamorous display and aesthetics on this one, but for me, it delivers the best results and functionality of a very reliable electric razor. It is a product of great practicality in a reasonable price.
- It has a powerful motor and cuts very close so you will be able to shave more hair in just one stroke.
- It reduces skin irritation since you don’t have to go through the same spot twice-perfect for sensitive skin.
- Smart Shaver technology allows the razor to detect your facial hair and adjust the power to meet your needs-it becomes more powerful when it detects denser hair.
- It has it’s own premium clean and charge station.
- It’s light and easy to hold with its ergonomic design and built.
- Close shave and smooth finish.
- Made of good quality materials claiming to last up to 7 years.
- Runs quietly and smoothly.
- Easy to clean.
- It’s tough to get and find replacement blades/head (very expensive).
- Has a short foil life.
- Motor gets warm if used for a little longer.
- Not very effective against very thick, long, and hard hair.
Why you should get it: Among all the razors I tried in the market, this one offers the most precise, clean, and close cut. You’ll have to try it so you’ll know what I’m talking about. I’m really out of words to describe this without being overly subjective. Its price is also reasonable for its quality.
This product gets rid of all the “luxurious extras” of the premium electric razors and gets you a functional, and reliable razor that you NEED. It screams overall practicality.
- It offers precise and clean cut each stroke with a close shave.
- It features a patented SensiFoil which is one of the thinnest aluminum foil of its kind that protects and shield your skin.
- The blades are pressure-sensitive. It automatically retracts when it feels pressure, so cutting your skin will not be easy.
- It has a built-in (large) trimmer.
- LED light which reminds you when to charge.
- Wet/dry mechanism which allows you to use it in and out of the shower.
- Good battery life.
- Easy to operate (simple mechanism).
- Weight is substantial but not heavy.
- Just like other Braun brands, it’s really frustrating to find a replacement for these.
- No cleaning system included.
Why you should get it: It’s really affordable and offers you a great shave. If you don’t need a glamorous display, a washing/charging station, and aesthetics, why spend on those? Better stick to a reliable and easy to use product and save all the money you could get.
It’s really difficult to find a good rotating electric shaver for sensitive skin, but Phillips slayed it with this one! It gives you the closeness and precision that a rotating razor offers, while making sure that your skin stays safe and healthy!
- Each disc offers a comfort ring with a microbead anti-friction coating that will ensure smooth slide each stroke.
- Dynamic and floating heads adjusts smoothly and moves easily in 5 directions so it glides over each contour and angles of your face perfectly.
- Gentle-Precision Blades proven close shave even for 1-3 days beard. Perfect for everyday use!.
- The LED display is intuitive and simple.
- AquaTec System allows you to use it in or out of the shower. It also offers its own smart cleaning system for convenience.
- Travelling is easy since it's lightweight, portable and comes with a deluxe travelling case.
- Shaving gives a smooth finish with a soothing feel.
- Comes with own cleaning system.
- Shaving head does not come with a plastic protector.
- Close shave, but can miss hairs.
- Cleaner can be noisyIt feels light and flimsy (does not feel premium and substantial).
- Trimmer is so-so. Can’t cut short enough.
- Head can be too big and difficult to navigate.
Why you should get it: Manufacturers specially made this razor for those with sensitive skin. and if you got one? You better stay safe than try your luck by risking your skin to other brands/models.
All the products listed in this article are the best of its kind, so you will never go wrong with any of them.
Personally, if I were to be asked? Panasonic ES-LA93-K, Arc4 Electric Razor is the best bet considering all the features and functionality.
- It is quite expensive, but the quality is great and head replacement is easy to find, thus, saving you more money in the long run.
- The LCD display also looks very elegant and premium.
- Plus, the voltage conversion is also perfect for travel here and abroad.
How about you? What do you think is the best electric razor for your sensitive skin? Feel free to comment down below.