What Is The Best Epilator For Brazilian? Get A Flawless Shave With These Awesome Tips
Epilation is a convenient and safe way to give yourself a silky smooth Brazilian in the comfort of your home. But before rushing off to buy just any epilator, it’s important to understand your skin type and have a clear answer to find the best epilator for Brazilian shave.
Top 5 Best Epilator for Brazilian Reviews 2017 - Comparison Chart
*Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
What is an Epilator?
Since the hair is pulled right from its roots, epilation is not a painless process. It may also cause symptoms like redness and rashes, but this is not uncommon. However, there are no damaging or last-longing effects of any sort, making it a highly safe way of hair removal.
Why Opt for Epilation?
One of the most common ways to achieve that smooth bikini look is to walk into a salon and ask for a Brazilian wax.
But considering that Brazilian requires pulling out hair from intimate areas surrounding the vagina, anus, and perineum, not all people are comfortable baring these areas to another person in a salon.
Plus, regular visits to the salon for professional Brazilian waxing is also a costly affair.
Epilation, on the other hand, lets you remove hair in a much cheaper and comfortable manner in the privacy of your home. While it may seem a bit daunting to those trying it for the first time, it doesn’t really have to be.
Much like waxing, the pain may be quite intense the first few times but your skin adapts to the procedure over time, making the pain very manageable.
Some other advantages that epilation holds over traditional waxing are:
- Waxing will require you to set time aside to visit a salon, and the procedure itself will take around an hour on average. Epilation can be done any time of day or night, no matter where you are. On average, epilation will take much less than an hour to complete, saving you lots of time.
- If you want to maintain the Brazilian for a long time, waxing will require you to visit the salon every 8-10 weeks, on average. Any hair growth in between will have to wait, which can make the bikini area look awkward. While epilation produces results that last about 4 weeks on average, you can choose to epilate even the minimum of hair regrowth, ensuring a silky look every day of the year.
- Over time, epilation stunts hair growth in the area of use, which means you will need to epilate less frequently as time passes by.
- Even if you choose to wax by yourself, it is relatively more complicated than epilation. Epilating is as simple as electric shaving that requires no prior preparation nor cleaning up a mess after.
Two Kinds of Epilators
Epilators in the market are available in two types: dry and wet. Dry epilators can only be used on the skin under dry conditions, whereas wet epilators can be used even while bathing.
Dry epilators are popular for causing much less pain than dry epilators, but many people swear by dry epilation since it is a less sticky process and usually produces slightly smoother results.
The good news, however, is that many brands are now selling bi-functional epilators that work in either condition. This way, you can try out both options and make up your mind about which type of epilation is better suited to your pain tolerance and skin type.
Some Things to Look For in Any Epilator
Epilators today come with various features and controls that can help you have a more comfortable and relaxed experience. Some of these you must know about are:
- Cord or Cordless: Cordless epilators need to be plugged in every time you use them. This can be a problem if you are planning to epilate inside the bathtub. In such scenarios, you would be better off buying a cordless epilator which comes with a rechargeable battery.
- Trimmer Attachment: Epilation tends to be more effective if the hair is first trimmed to a uniform short length. Some epilators come with a shaver or trimmer attachment that lets you trim your hair to the ideal length before starting the epilation.
- Massage Function: Some epilators comes with an inbuilt massager that helps dull the nerve endings while pulling the hair out. If you have extremely sensitive skin that is making epilation very painful, such an epilator may just be the thing you are looking for.
Five of the Best Epilators in the Market 2016-2017
Being Braun’s flagship epilator, you can expect it to be one of the most effective machines out there for hair removal. It is a cordless epilator that can be used under both wet and dry conditions. One hour of charge allows about 40 minutes of operation.
- This epilator is faster and more precise than all other Braun options.
- The Silk-épil 9 9-579 features ‘MicroGrip’ tweezer technology that can remove hairs as small in length as 0.5mm.
- This epilator comes with massage rollers that can help manage the pain better.
- The epilator also comes bearing a smart light that makes navigation around small hairs much easier.
- The epilator is quite loud when in use. If you are looking for complete discretion when epilating, this may not be the perfect solution.
- Users who tried this product for the first time reported high levels of pain, even when used on non-sensitive skin. If your skin is highly sensitive, it may take you a long time to adjust to this epilator.
- Though this epilator does its job very well, it does come with a big price tag. If you have a tight budget, you may want to check out other options below.
Another one from the house of Braun, this epilator too lets you use it in both wet and dry conditions, depending on your preference. This cordless hair remover comes with two-speed settings to adjust the power to your liking. This epilator too runs for about 40 minutes after an hour’s worth of charge.
- This epilator comes with shaver head and trimmer cap attachments which give you the option of trimming your hair to an even short length before epilating.
- Braun has made the head of this epilator capable of pivoting up to 15 degrees forward and backward. This helps the epilator adjust better to body’s contour.
- The Braun smartlight feature is present in this product which helps identify the thinner and smaller hair with high precision.
- Featuring the ‘Close Grip Technology’, this epilator is good at gripping and removing hair closer to the skin which is crucial to nailing the perfect silky look.
- The Braun SE7681 Silk-épil 7 cannot be used when it is plugged in. This means that if you are just learning to epilate, and 40 minutes is not enough time to complete the job, you may have to wait till the epilator is charged again for a second round.
- The performance delivered by this epilator does not come cheap. For more affordable options, keep reading below.
- Emjoi AP-18 Emagine: Emagine by Emjoi is a powerful corded epilator featuring 72 tweezers. It can be used for hair removal not only on the bikini line but also other parts of the body including legs, underarms and facial hair on the upper lip and chin. This epilator is not cordless, so it needs to be plugged in whenever you want to use it.
- 72 tweezers mean that Emagine can remove hair from an area efficiently without the need for multiple passes over it.
- The AP- 18 Emagine features antimicrobial Silver-Ion technology that can be very helpful for people with sensitive skin. This technology ensures that your skin stays safe from infection even after frequent epilation.
- Ingrown hairs are a common problem people face when epilating. Emagine uses ‘little fingers’ technology and dual opposed staggered heads just to prevent this.
- This product by Emagine comes with a 30-day money back guarantee which is great for first-time buyers.
- This epilator by Emoji is very competitively priced making it a good choice for those on a budget.
- If you have sensitive skin and so prefer wet epilation over dry to ease the pain, you may have to give this product a skip.
- The competitive price tag comes with its downsides – the epilator lacks useful additions like a shaver/trimmer head or even a massager.
This epilator is for those who want to get a great job done on a very tight budget. This pocket-friendly epilator is simple-to-use with a dual speed setting to remove hairs as small as 0.5 mm in length. It is a corded machine that can only be used under dry conditions.
- The epilator comes with an efficiency cap that helps remove the smallest of hairs in sensitive areas, with ease.
- This Philips product does a great job for the price. It may not be the greatest epilator on the list, but it may be the best in its price range.
- The head on this epilator is washable which makes it easy to keep it clean and hygienic even with frequent use.
- The dual-speed control gives you the choice to adjust the power of the epilator according to your preference.
- The affordability of this epilator means you will have to compromise on additions like a trimmer cap or a massager.
- There is no lighting system available that can help you pick the finest and smallest of hair.
- This epilator is not as powerful as the other ones in this list, which means it will take much longer to complete the Brazilian if you are using this epilator.
This dry/wet epilator from Panasonic is a powerful tool that comes with additional shaving and trimming additions (six in total) for full-fledged skincare.
While it is not as expensive as the Braun epilators on this list, it still falls on a slightly higher side. It is a cordless model that gives 30 minutes of usage time after one hour of charging.
- This epilator comes with a special ‘bikini comb’ attachment meant to give you a smooth Brazilian with minimum pain in the sensitive area.
- The head on this machine pivots up to 30 degrees forward and backward to conform to your body’s contours.
- A built-in LED light is also included to illuminate the smallest and finest of hair.
- The shaver addition that comes with this epilator features hypoallergenic steel blades to ensure minimum irritation and to keep allergic reactions from occurring even on sensitive skin.
- It also includes a pedicure buffer attachment for basic foot care needs.
- The product includes a Gentle Epilation Cap that limits the number of exposed tweezers for more gentle hair removal in case you are a beginner or have highly sensitive skin.
- The battery life of just 30 minutes even after a full hour of charge is a little less compared to competing products.
Which Epilator Should You Buy?
Having looked at some of the best epilators available from top brands including Braun, Panasonic, and Philips, I would pick the Panasonic ES-ED90-P as the best choice for epilation for beginners and seasoned users, alike.
- This product by Panasonic manages to strike a great balance between modest pricing and versatility of features.
- It also comes with a special bikini comb, which is a feature that no other epilator offers.
- All things considered, this Panasonic epilator is a good buy to not only give you a silky smooth Brazilian but also all-round skincare with its six attachments, including a shaver head and pedicure buffer.
I hope this list has helped you find the best epilator for Brazilian that works for you.
What do you think of these five products?
Which is your favorite?
Let me know in the comments section, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.