Get the Perfect Look with the Best Lace WigsGone are the days when wigs were only used by women suffering from baldness or thinning hair. Today, wigs are common fashion accessories adored by women of all age. In this review, I will share some of the best lace wigs available in the market today for you to buy and nail the perfect look.
Top 5 Best Lace Wigs Reviews 2017 - Comparision Chart
*Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Types of Wig Caps
Before discussing the best lace wigs in the market, let’s take a look at why lace wigs may be more appropriate for you compared to other types of wigs. This information may come especially handy for those who are looking to buy their first wig.
The wig cap is the base material of any wig to which the hair is attached. There are several ways to attach hair to the cap and each method has its own specific benefits.
100% hand-tied monofilament caps offer each hair the option to move freely for a natural look. Other wigs available in the market may be partially hand-tied and partially machine-tied.
However, to ensure that the hair on your wig cap is completely hand-tied, ask the shop keeper or read thefeatures properly if buying online.
Benefits of 100% hand-tied wigs include
- Allows hair to have natural movement that appears seamless.
- Greater precision as each hair is hand-tied to the base.
- This is the softest and most comfortable cap for people with sensitive scalps and hair loss problems.
- It is ideal for people who like to switch style frequently as the hair on such wigs can be easily manipulated in any direction.
Monofilament Cap Wigs
These caps allow women to have a very natural look with parting versatility. A mesh material is usedto create the illusion of hair growth from the scalp while allowing for individual, hand-woven hair.
Due to this, hair on such wigs can be easily parted and combed in any direction. For people withsensitive scalps, double monofilament wigs may be a better option owing to its softness.
Benefits ofmonofilament cap wigs include
- It helps create the illusion of hair growth from the scalp at the point of partition.
- It allows for extreme flexibility when it comes to styling and parting.
- Double monofilament caps have an extra layer of soft material that is great for people with severe hair loss and sensitive scalps.
Lace Front Cap Wigs
One of the most popular type of wigs, lace front wigs create the illusion of hair growth along thehairline.
This helps boost the natural appearance of the hair and allows great flexibility in terms ofstyling away from the face.
It is not uncommon to find pre-trimmed, pre-styled front lace wigs, whileother options are also available that will require some degree of personalization.
Benefits of lacefront wigs include
- The natural look begins from the hairline itself.
- If you are looking to style your hair away from the face, this may be the best option for you.
- Most options of front lace wigs are ready-to-wear and temple-to-temple.
Basic Cap Wigs
The most affordable and common type of wigs are the basic cap wigs. It has a closed lace layer at itscrown onto which wefts of hair are sewn. Then the hair is cut in a certain way to achieve a specificstyle, and the crown is crimped so that the cap remains invisible. Overall, these wigs often give theillusion of dense hair volume at the crown.
Benefits of such wigs include
- Most affordable wigs are usually basic cap wigs.
- Basic cap wigs are also perhaps the most durable kind of wigs.
- Air ventilation is better in such wigs than the others listed here.
- The cap at the bottom of the hair remains invisible, giving you a natural, seamless look.
Human Hair vs. Synthetic Hair
While you may have decided that you want to buy a lace wig, have you considered the type of hair that is used in making wigs? All wigs sport either natural human hair or hair made from synthetic fibers.
Human hair is more expensive, lasts longer (almost 1 year with proper care), and can be styled and re-styled with ease.
While Indonesian human hair is the most common and inexpensive human hair, European hair is the most sought after and most expensive type.
Synthetic hair on the other hand, is much more affordable. However, compared to human hair, its styling flexibility is very low and so is its life.
Good quality synthetic hair wigs may last up to 6 months. Technological advancements have made it possible for wigs to be made from heat-friendly synthetic hair that can be re-styled more easily – however, such wigs do not last more than 3 months in most cases.
Therefore, you may want to consider your budget, styling requirements and usage frequency before picking between the two types of hair.
Top 5 Best Lace Wigs Reviews on The Market 2016-2017
1. MelodySusie Black Long Straight Wig
Manufactured by reputed beauty brand MelodySusie, this product features special Korean synthetic hair. The hair attached to the wig cap is black in color. The style that this wig offers is long straight hair.
- The synthetic fiber used in this wig, also known as Japanese Silk, is high temperature resistant which means it is a better choice over regular synthetic fibers when it comes to re-styling.
- Crucial hair properties like color, texture and appearance are close to actual human hair.
- Internally, a 100% breathable rose net is used so that the wearer’s scalp does not feel suffocated and remains well ventilated.
- The wig comes with an additional accessory – the MelodySusie wig comb that can be used to comb and style the synthetic hair.
- The wig’s style is based on Toni & Guy’s street fashion concept, giving it a unique fashionable look.
- The wig can be further cut and styled by any professional hairstylist in case you want to switch looks later.
2. Freetress Equal Brazilian Natural Deep Invisible L Part Lace Front Wig
This is a stylish wig that is part of the Natural Brazilian Collection from the house of FreeTress. It too, uses high quality synthetic hair.
- The synthetic fibers used to make the hair for this wig are of high quality and can sustain high temperatures well.
- The fiber used to make the hair has been chosen keeping in mind minimum fuss and mess – so don’t worry about the hair tangling up much.
- The hair is curling iron safe which may be very helpful for women who like to keep switching hairstyles often.
- This wig is offered in about 13 different color variations which means you can try different colors every few months for a new, refreshing look. So many color options also makes this product more viable across people with different skin colors.
- The hair on the wig is not too shiny nor too dull. It has a good texture and overall, the wig does resemble natural human hair closely.
- Using synthetic hair over natural human hair limits the styling options of this wig.
- The lifespan of this wig is not too long and many users have reported it only lasts for about 3 months even after proper care.
3. Sensationnel Empress Senegal Collection Braided Lace Wig
This front lace wig from Sensationnel Empress uses a 100% premium synthetic fiber to create hair that allows versatile styling. It offers a unique braided style for a unique look.
- The hair on the wig is made using premium quality synthetic fibers which possess nearly equal visual qualities as natural human hair.
- The braided style that this wig sports is unique and may be great for people looking for a good quality braided wig.
- This wig is also curling iron safe when used up to a maximum of 350 – 400 F. This may be good for further styling flexibility.
- Many users of this braided wig have reported that the wig is not very demanding in terms of maintenance efforts.
- This wig is offered in about 7 colors which may be great for people looking to switch hair color every few months.
- This wig is priced higher than other synthetic hair wigs on this list and may fall out of range if your budget is tight.
- Since this wig uses synthetic hair over natural human hair, its styling flexibility is not as good as in the case of human hair.
- Despite paying a higher price, its life is still shorter when compared to natural hair wigs.
4. Formal HairLoose Curly Wave Lace Front Human Hair Wig
This curly wave styled wig uses the highest quality human hair – Remy Hair. It is manufactured by Formal Hair a reputed name in the world of wigs, therefore first-time buyers can stay rest assured.
- This wig is made from 100% Remy Hair from Brazil which gives the wig a completely, flawless natural look that cannot be matched by any synthetic wig.
- The hair is soft and tangle-free with minimum to no shedding which may add confidence to the user.
- Since it uses natural premium hair, it is easy for users to re-style multiple times without the worry of causing damage to the hair.
- The hair used in this wig can be easily bleached, curled and straightened.
- All buyers of this wig are offered a 30-day money back guarantee making the order completely risk-free and more comfortable for skeptical first time buyers.
- This product is also 100% smell-free which may be a concern for users of natural hair wigs of certain other brands.
- The wig is very highly priced compared to synthetic fiber wigs and may not be the best option for beginners looking to but their very first wig.
5. Chantiche Natural Looking Italian Yaki Lace Front Wigs
This quality hair product from the house of Chantiche uses 100% Remy Human hair from Brazil to give users a flawless, natural look.
- This wig uses 100% high quality Remy Human hair sourced from Brazil which gives the hair better texture and properties compared to even high quality synthetic hair.
- The wig features lightly bleached knots that helps avoid any degree of hair shedding which is important for the flawless look over a longer period of time.
- The final look is more natural than any synthetic wig can provide.
- The hair on this wig can be easily re-styled multiple times without reducing the life of the wig.
- Due to use of natural hair over synthetic hair, this wig offers a good lifespan compared to synthetic wigs.
- The lace used is glue-less which eliminates any kind of foul smell.
- The hair density offered in this wig is 130%.
- This is the most pricy wig on this list due to use of high quality natural human hair. The high price may place this product out of range for buyers with a tight budget. It may also not be the best option for skeptical first-time buyers.
Buying a new lace wig is an exciting activity but needs to be done with care to achieve the perfect look for yourself. From the above featured products, the FreeTress wig may be the best of the best lace wigs.
It is quite competitively priced, allows for the use of curling irons and features high quality synthetic fibers. It also offers a wide range of attractive color options. However, if you have no budget constraints and are looking for the most flawless look, you may want to go with the Chantiche Remy Hair wig.
I hope this review will help you pick the right lace wig. If you have any queries to ask or suggestions to share, please use the comments section below.