Best Outdoor Tanning Lotion for Quick and Beautiful Results
It’s time to stop exposing yourself to harmful radiation for that smooth, uniform tan. You can now use outdoor tanning lotions that get the job done equally well, while also protecting your skin from dangerous side effects like cancer. Read on to discover the best outdoor tanning lotion for your skin.
Top 5 Best Outdoor Tanning Lotion Reviews 2017 - Comparision Chart
*Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Some Buying Tips
Before heading to the list of Top 5 outdoor tanning lotions available in the market today, let’s take a look at some of the things to consider before picking the perfect tanning lotion for yourself.·
1. Natural vs. Cosmetic
Tanning lotions that are made using only natural ingredients present several benefits over cosmetic and chemical-based lotions.
Firstly, all natural tanning lotions are more suitable for use by people with sensitive skin as the absence of chemicals protects skin from any serious damage.
Natural products tend to stay on the skin for about 3 to 4 days, whereas cosmetic ones stay only for 1 to 3 days. Cosmetic tanning lotions are more likely to stain the user’s skin.·
2. With or Without Sunscreen
Many tanning lotions now come with a formula that also doubles as a sunscreen lotion. There are other options as well, in which you can use the product in tandem with any sunscreen lotion that you prefer. Such tanning lotions help protect your skin from the harmful effects of exposing your skin to sunlight for long hours.
There are also lotions present that cannot be used along with sunscreen lotions so be careful while choosing which outdoor tanning lotion to buy.
3. Animal Cruelty Matters
There are still few tanning lotion products available that are tested on various kinds of animals. However, it is strongly recommended that you choose to buy a tanning lotion that has not been tested on any animal and follows the cruelty-free path. This helps protect helpless animals from unnecessary suffering and health risks.
4. Science of Skin Color
If you are fair skinned, it is strongly advised that you choose a tanning lotion with inbuilt sunscreen action or choose a lotion that can be used alongside any sunscreen lotion of your choice. This is necessary to shield your skin from reddening. Also ensure that your tanning lotion has features like an inbuilt bronzer as it will stop your tan from turning to orange.
People with olive colored skin can be more liberal with their choices. However, it is still recommended that you apply sunscreen along with the lotion to avoid being affected by the harmful effects of sunlight.
If you are someone who has dark skin, you need not worry about the burning of the skin. Instead, you should focus on buying an outdoor tanning lotion that is enriched with moisturizing agents to keep your skin well hydrated and healthy.
5. Choose a Reliable Brand
When it comes to your skin, you need to be very careful about the brand you choose. Using sub-par brands can leave your skin orange and even cause allergies or other untowardly reactions.
To avoid causing your skin any harm, do not simply invest in any inexpensive product. Even reputed brands offer some affordably priced products that you can easily purchase online. The Top 5 list shared below does share some affordable tanning lotions for you to pick from.
6. Difference between Sunblock and Suntan Lotions
Many people get confused these two distinct product types. Sunblock lotions protect the skin from UV rays of the sunlight either by reflecting them of absorbing them.
On the other hand suntan lotions or outdoor tanning lotions control the amount of UV rays that are allowed to reach the skin to cause it to tan. Suntan lotions usually have a SPF of 15 or less, while sunblock lotions have a SPF of 15 or more.
7. Consistency of Lotion
This is a major influencer amongst several people looking forto buy an outdoor tanning lotion. Some people like to use lotions with a thin consistency so that the skin does not feel greasy after application.
However, lotions with thinner consistency are used up more quickly and thus you may need to buy the lotion frequently. On the other hand, there also people who prefer buying thicker lotions. So be sure about the consistency of the product before finalizing it.
8 Scent Preferences
Not all outdoor tanning lotions smell the same and many people consider the fragrance a make-or-break property of the lotion. If you are planning to buy the tanning lotion online, the best thing to do is search for reviews of the lotion that talk about its fragrance.
If you are buying it locally, you can test the smell of any lotion before purchasing it. Some lotions have been found to change smell after few minutes of application on skin. To stay away from such products, buy from reputed brands for which reviews can be easily found online.
Top 5 Outdoor Tanning Lotions On The Market 2017
This outdoor tanning product by Australian Gold also doubles up as a mild sunscreen lotion. It comes in a spray gel form but moisturizes just like a lotion.
- This product from quality manufacturer of skincare products, Australian Gold, offers broad spectrum UVA / UVB protection which helps protect skin from harsh outdoor conditions. This may especially benefit people with sensitive skin.
- This tanning gel is made with the goodness of antioxidants derived from Kakadu plum, a native Australian fruit that delivers 100 times the amount of Vitamin C of an orange. This helps nurture the skin through the day and also protects from harsh sunlight.
- Unlike most other products, this product comes in an easy-to-apply container. It comes in the form of a spray gel that can be easily applied using a small pump. The gel is easily absorbed by the skin and feels fresh after application.
- This spray gel also contains tea tree oil and aloe vera – both known to fortify skin health.
- Some people prefer lotions over gel despite the convenience of application. If you are one of them, this product may not be the best choice for you.
This is a vegan, cruelty-free outdoor tanning lotion for bronzer and golden tan that comes in a 7.5 oz. tube.
- If you are a vegan or against animal cruelty of any sort, this may be the best option for you as its manufacturer guarantees that this tanner is 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
- Apart from doing its job (tanning) quite well, this product has also been reported to cover up blemishes, veins and other imperfections that may come in the way of your perfect look.
- The product contains organic Shea butter, coconut oil and Japanese green tea leaf extract. Together, these ingredients help nurture the skin in an effective manner with antioxidants and other essential vitamins.
- This product is not restricted for use to any particular skin type. Even if you have very sensitive skin, you can still use this tanner without any worry as it is free from any chemicals and toxins.
- If you are skeptical about buying this product, the manufacturer offers a one-year full refund guarantee. If you feel dissatisfied with this tanner at any point within one year of your purchase, you will be eligible for a no questions asked full refund.
- This tanner is relatively expensive to the other products on this list and may not fit everyone’s budget for regular use.
Another product from popular brand Australian Gold makes it into this list. This is Australian Gold’s most popular dark tanning lotion now with bronzer. It can be used indoors and outdoors.
- This is a popular product and one of Australian Gold’s highest selling, as well. So it may be safe to say that it does do its job quite efficiently and effectively.
- If you love the signature Australian Gold cocoa dreams fragrance, this product may be a good choice for you.
- This lotion uses an advanced formula with natural bronzers that speeds up the skin darkening process.
- This lotion is enriched with the goodness of several native Australian oils that keep the skin hydrated. This is especially necessary if you have sensitive skin that gets dry easily when in the sun.
- This lotion is also fortified with essential Vitamins A and E that help nurture the skin every time you apply it.
- Unlike the other Australian Gold product listed above, this product comes in a pure lotion form which some people may prefer over spray gels.
- This lotion is steeply priced compared to the other Australian Gold products in this list.
This is another commonly used tanning product from the house of Australian Gold, one of the most reputed beauty and skincare brands. It has a pleasant berry fragrance admired by several users.
- The tanning lotion comes in an attractive black bottle decorated in white scrolling which may make it more attractive to some buyers.
- Many users have reported that this tanning lotion from Australian Gold provides a quick beautiful tan that looks neither fake nor too orange.
- The scent of this lotion is unisex, meaning it can be easily used by both men and women.· This tanning lotion promises 15X tanning power as it is enriched with caramel, walnut and onoi de Tahiti extracts.
- The lotion has a strong moisturizing effect as well, thanks to the vitamins, kukui nut oil and sunflower oil present in its formula.
- It is a moderately priced product that may fit perfectly into most people’s budgets.
- It may not be the perfect tanning solution for people with sensitive skin as it may leave the skin slightly red.
- The lotion has a thin consistency which may cause you to use more each time and purchase a new bottle frequently.
This is a popular tanning lotion that is popular for its affordability and effectiveness. The lotion’s preparation is based on a secret Hawaiian formula that provides good tanning results.
- The cream has a quick tanning action, which means you don’t need to be exposed to sunlight for long durations. This saves you from the harm extended exposure to sunlight can cause.
- People with sensitive skin can also use this product easily as it is gentle on the skin.
- The formula allows the tanning lotion to be used along with sunscreen of any SPF rating. This helps you tan while keeping the harmful effects of sunlight exposure at bay.
- The product is not tested on animals and is hence, cruelty-free.· The lotion is enriched with aloe vera which helps nourish the skin.
- The lotion’s formula includes use of natural ingredients only. So the product is completely chemical free and this too makes it suitable for sensitive skin types.
- This lotion does not stain and is not greasy.
- The packaging of the bottle is not as attractive as other products on this list.
- Some people may find the lotion slightly oily in terms of feel.
Now that you are aware of some of the leading tanning lotion products available to buy, let me make a final all-round pick. The Maui Babe browning lotion is a good choice for most people – it gets the job done quickly and effectively. It has a great smell and is also quite reasonably priced. Its all-organic formula makes it suitable for any skin type.
I hope this guide will help you choose the right tanning lotion for your skin. If you have any questions or suggestions to share, please feel free to use the comments section below.