It’s time to move over the old technology of flat irons and embrace the new generation electric hair straighteners that are much quicker, safer and efficient. It’s time to get your own hair straightener, and to get you started, here are the Top 5 hair straightening brush reviews.
Top 5 Best Hair Straightening Brush Reviews 2017 - Comparision Chart
*Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
What is an Electric Hair Straightener?
An electric hair straightener brush resembles a normal hair brush, but is actually loaded with modern, cutting-edge technology that helps straighten any kind of hair within a few minutes.
The technology it uses makes it very user-friendly. That means you do not have to visit a parlor or require any expert help to use these brushes.
These brushes work on the concept of negative ions. The heating action of electric straightener brushes includes a release of millions of negative ions that help straighten hair without damaging it.
In fact, the hair receives lots of benefits as the straightener helps reduce frizz and tangling, and helps increase shine.
How to Choose the Right Hair Straightening Brush
The design is of utmost importance when it comes to buying an electric straightener brush. Since the whole procedure revolves around holding an electric appliance in your hands for a long period of time, you need to ensure that you are comfortable holding that device for longer periods. If not, you may end up damaging either your hair, scalp or skin.
Another design attribute that many customers consider is the brush’s aesthetic appeal. These brushes are available in the market in several colors and styles, and it should be easy to find one that suits your style.
2. Temperature Settings
Not one heat setting can help straighten hair of all kinds. A person with curly hair requires a completely different heat setting compared to a person who has wavy hair. The hair texture and volume also matters.
Therefore, if multiple people are going to be using the same hair straightener, you have to make sure that the device you are going to buy has multiple heat control settings.
You may want to ask your usual parlor or salon attendee what temperature is best suited for your hair type.
Most electric hair straightening brushes are highly portable in terms of size. However, the issue comes when you look at the input voltage specifications. Not all countries in the world use 110V input for electrical appliances.
There are several countries that use 220V input.Therefore, if you are a frequent traveller, you may want to invest in a straightener that supports all voltage between 100V and 220V.
4. Plate Material
Different manufacturers use different materials to build the plate for the device. Most common materials used include ceramic, plastic and iron. The best, safest and most efficient of all three is ceramic. Most leading manufacturers now only produce ceramic plates to maintain the highest quality standards.
Therefore, I would advise you to invest in a ceramic type hair straightener for the best results and high safety standards.
5. Anti-burn Technology
People who have worked with flat irons must be aware of the burning dangers that come with procedure. Though electric hair straighteners have made the whole process much safer, it is still recommended that you check the product you are planning to buy for any specific anti-burn or anti-scald technology.
Most leading manufacturers of electric hair straightener brushes use their own patented technology to ensure high safety standards. If you want to keep your hair, scalp and skin safe from any degree of burn, ensure that the hair straightener you invest in features some kind of anti-burn technology.
Some manufacturers also provide additional accessories like heat resistant gloves to help improve safety.
6. Use Configurations
Different manufacturers provide different configuration options like auto-temperature lock, auto-heat timer, etc. You need to study the various models to identify which system works best for you. Once you have that figured out, it will become much easier for you to choose the best electric hair straightener brush for yourself.
7. The Cord Matters
Since the straightening brush is an electric device, it comes with a cord. And you better make sure it is a swivel style cord that can rotate 360 degrees. If this is not the case, it will only end up tangling up every time you use the device.
This will not only slow down the whole process, but also leave you in a bad mood. Regular tangling of a cord also reduces its life significantly.
Therefore, it is best to go for a brush that sports a 360 degree swivel cord.
Though straightener brushes are usually not a very expensive item, there are premium luxury products available in the market. You can choose the right product for yourself, depending on your budget.
Top 5 Best Hair Straightening Brush Reviews 2016-2017
1. USpicy Hair Straightening Brush
The USpicy Hair Straightening Brush is a high quality product that uses MCH ceramic technology to generate heat for hair straightening.
- The design of this product, most users have reported, is very ergonomic and user-friendly which may be a great thing for first time users of straightening brushes.
- This hair straightener has a maximum heating point of 450 F (230 C) with 7 levels of temperature settings that can be manually adjusted. It uses an MCH ceramic plate to generate the heat.
- One of the best features of this USpicy Hair Straightener is that it also offers user-personalization. Depending on your hair type and your needs, you can set a temperature and an automatic shut-off timer.
- This hair straighter does feature anti-scald technology in the form of heat insulation tips which may help provide accidental burns. This may be one of the most essential deciding points for first-time buyers and new users.
- It comes with a 360-degree swivel cord which means wire twining is kept to a minimum.
- The hairbrush teeth are of varying size and arranged in a strategic manner for maximum reach.
- This product by USpicy is not suitable for people with short hair.
- There are no accessories that are provided with this product.
2. AsaVea Portable Electric Hair Straightening Brush
AsaVea calls it the next generation of electric hair straighteners. This product was designed by the company with one aim in mind – to make straightening of hair as simple and straightforward as combing it.
With this in mind, they built this anti-scald technology enabled hair straightening brush.
- The AsaVea Portable Electric Hair Straightening Brush is designed to provide high quality hair straightening – comparable to professional-level quality.
- This device uses a special patented design and silicone head to prevent burning of the hands and scalp. This may be a very good and necessary feature for new, inexperienced users of electric hair straighteners.
- It only takes a mere 60 seconds to heat up to 365 F, which is quick and efficient. This means you will not have to wait long to achieve the perfect straight hair look.
- The wire that it comes with is designed to rotate 360-degrees for minimal tangling.
- The manufacturer offers a full money refund in case you are not satisfied with the product which may be great news for skeptical first-time buyers.
- This hair straightener only works at 110V. This means, you will need to buy a separate step-down adapter when using this product while traveling to other countries. If you are a frequent traveller, you may want to look at a more universal option.
- This AsaVea hair straightener does not offer any value additions like accessories.
3. MiroPure 2 in 1 Ionic Hair Straightener Brush
The 2-in-1 in the name of this hair straightener manufactured by MiroPure stands for the double Iconic generator it houses. The hair straightener has a modern, sleek design that is attractive as well as ergonomic.
- The double Iconic generator that this hair straightener uses ensures a smooth, silky and natural finish by sealing hair cuticles. This also helps reduce frizziness, knotting and split ends.
- This quality product from MiroPure features high density Nano-comb technology which means even people with curly hair can straighten their hair with utmost ease.
- It is portable friendly as it works anywhere in the 110 -220 V. This may be very helpful for people who travel often and need to straighten their hair on the go.
- The temperature setting on this device vary from 302 F to 450 F, a wide range that makes it usable by a person of any hair type - thin, fine, bleached, wavy or curled.
- It features a 360-degree swivel cord which ensure minimal tangling.
- For added safety, a heat resistant glove is also provided.
- Some users of this product have indicated that cleaning it may prove to be a little challenging due to its compact design.
4. AsaVea Hair Straightener Brush
We have another AsaVea product on this list. Another high quality product from the house of AsaVea, this slightly more expensive options comes in an attractive and unique rose gold color and also offers a universal charging option, unlike the other AsaVea model above.
- From 330 F to 450 F, you can select from 7 temperature levels which is great if more than one users is going to be using the product. No matter what kind of hair you have, this product may make it easier to find the right temperature for your hair.
- The design of this device is patented and makes use of DuPont plastic parts to ensure anti-scalding standards are met. This device has received safety certifications from CE, FCC and ETL.
- It heats up very quickly using MCH ceramic heat technology that may be helpful in nailing the perfect hair look without having to wait long.
- It may be a great option for frequent travelers as this hair straightener can work with any voltage between 110V and 220V.
- It also comes with a user-friendly temperature lock so that no accidents happen due to mistakenly-pressed buttons.
- Despite being priced higher than the other AsaVea on this list, the manufacturer provides no additional accessories with this product.
5. Magictec Ceramic Hair Straightener Brush
This is the premium most hair straightener that has been featured on this list. It has a very elegant and attractive design with use of white and gold colors. It is a one-button machine that is simple to use.
- Of all the products listed in the guide, this may provide the highest quality hair straightening, really equivalent to professional quality.
- It has a clear LED display to show the set temperature.
- It has only one-button that can be used for all purposes, whether powering on / off or changing temperatures.
- It comes with 6 heat setting with temperature limits of 330F and 450F which makes it suitable for any hair type.
- The manufacturer of this product also offers a 100% money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the results. This may be great for skeptical buyers.
- Current users of the product have mentioned its high quality build and durability.
- It may also be a great option for people who travel often as it works well with any voltage between 110V and 220V.
- Due to its heavy price tag, it may fall out of budget for many first-time buyers.
- Despite its heavy pricing, it does not come with any additional accessories.
I personally pick the second AsaVea product on the list as the best choice for both first-time buyers and seasoned users. Though it’s not as cheap as the AsaVea, it does deliver higher value for money. With 7 temperature levels, universal voltage and high quality build, it fulfils all the basic criteria for a great electric straightener.
I hope this guide will help you choose the right electric hair straightener. If you have any queries or suggestions to share, please feel free to use the comments section below. And don’t forget to share this article with your friends if you think they would find it useful.