Top 10 Ways On How To Get Coconut Oil Out Of Your Hair
There are many beauty hacks we see posted online and recommended by trusted professionals.
From head to toe, we find the most bizarre yet effective ways on how to become a more beautiful person! For those who want to improve the quality of their hair, there are many ways to do so.
Some claim mayonnaise works wonders but did you know coconut oil also has its benefits on hair? But be careful though, as it may end up sticking and making it difficult to remove! As someone who uses coconut oil for treatment, it can be tough removing it, which is why I want to show you the wonders of and how to get coconut oil out of your hair.
This is to have you avoid the hassle I went through when it came to removing the coconut oil from my hair!
You may have done all the right steps, but taking it off may be the most difficult part as it is oil! No one wants to go out with oily hair! It doesn't only feel weird, but it doesn't look so great either.
Luckily, it isn't hard to remove that oily residue from your hair. Here are some quick and easy remedies to follow:
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Your Hair
Coconut oil is very healthy for the skin and for your dishes, and it can now be used on your hair as well! Here are some of the benefits coconut oil can do for your hair, based on Dr. Axe
1. Condition your hair
It's free of the chemicals you would often find in shampoo and conditioners. It helps reduce protein loss, as it is filled with all the essential nutrients your hair needs to keep it silky without the unhealthy ingredients.
That way, you prevent damage to your hair, and you'll be able to comb it properly without tangles.
2. Hair growth stimulant
This is great for those who suffer from thinning hair, or for those who have hair that takes quite a while to grow. Not only will you have longer hair, but it will be thicker as well !.
3. Get dandruff out of your hair naturally
People have used this as a remedy for hundreds of years, and it's something that won't be letting down anytime soon !.
4. It also makes for a great stylist
With coconut oil, you are able to style your hair with ease and avoid the frizz and dullness when out with friends or family. You can also use it to detangle those knots and easily comb it.
5. Prevention and treatment lice, getting rid of the darn
Coconut oil is not only used for oil pulling or for healthy dishes, but your hair will definitely benefit from it as well as it leaves a shiny and healthy look.
To treat your hair, all you need to do is to massage a certain amount of coconut oil into your hair for a few minutes and rinse it out. There are different mixtures and amounts of coconut oil mixture to use, depending on what you want to treat it for.
- But don't use too much, as this may also be a factor as why the coconut oil sticks to your hair.
How to Prevent Getting Coconut Oil Stuck on Your Hair?
For those interested in making a coconut oil hair mask but afraid of having it stuck to your hair, then there's no need to worry, as you can prevent that from happening to you !
Besides giving you tips on getting coconut oil out of your hair, I'll show you ways on how to make sure you make a good coconut oil hair mask to prevent it from getting stuck.
There are many ways on how you can make a coconut oil hair mask, but it all depends on what you want to use it for.
To avoid having the coconut oil stick to your hair, then you should use the right amount recommended to make a good hair mask. Simply follow the procedures from reputable sources.
- Depending on what you want to use it for, you amy need to mix it with a few ingredients found in your household.
- Massage it well, leave it on, and rinse once the whole process is done. You'll see the effects of the coconut oil hair mask immediately!
- For those who want to sue the coconut oil as a remedy or style, you can opt to use this once a week or once a month, depending on the time you have and how healthy your hair is.
- You can even leave it overnight as a way for your hair to fully absorb the nutrients found in coconut oil.
How much Coconut Oil Should be Used for Your Hair ?
If you want to know how much coconut oil should be used for your hair, it's said to use not more than 2 tablespoons in a mixture. It's best to use this much and to add a bit if necessary after.
You won't want to have a hard time removing the coconut oil if you use too much of it. It is also recommended to use the quality coconut oil, where it is naturally processed without any added chemicals.
You can find coconut oil in your local grocery store or health and beauty shops. If not, you can purchase them online as well.
Top 10 Ways on How to Get Coconut Oil Out of Your Hair
1. Use Conditioner
Conditioner is a great way to moisturize your hair and to rid it with all the excess oils. I will shows you how to properly remove coconut oil from your hair using conditioner:
- Do NOT rinse your hair just yet! Condition your hair like you normally would, avoiding the scalp and focusing on the end parts.
- After massaging it thoroughly, rinse it with cold water.
- Shampoo and condition your hair like normal, and rinse it thoroughly until all excess oil is removed.
Using shampoo and conditioner alone may work, depending how much coconut oil is on your hair. If there is too much oil, then you may need to repeat the process or try another remedy.
Rinse it with lukewarm water. Depending on how much oil you put, regular shampoo and conditioner may not cut it. That's why it's best to add in a bit more shampoo than usual if it doesn't work.
It's best to use high quality shampoo and conditioner instead of cheap knockoffs with chemicals, as they may end up damaging your hair in the long run.
3. Egg wash
There is a mixture you can use, based on Dr. Bronner . Its main ingredients are eggs and castile soap! Don't worry about the eggs, as they will actually do wonders for your hair. Based on The Crunchy Moose, what you need to do is to:
- Mix 1 egg with 2 tablespoons of water, and massage it thoroughly on your hair for a few minutes.
- Let it sit for another few minutes, and rinse it with lukewarm water, avoiding too hot or too cold of a temperature. Hot water will end up with you having scrambled egg on your hair!
- Once you have rinsed the egg mixture out, use a teaspoon of Dr. Bronner's Castile soap and massage it for a few minutes. Rinse it thoroughly, and the coconut oil should be gone!
4. Use dry shampoo
This is one of the best ways to get coconut oil out of your hair since the dry shampoo will quickly absorb the oil. Here is a thorough step-by-step procedure on how to get coconut oil out of your hair .
- Pat your hair with a dry towel, focusing on the roots of your hair until some of the excess oil is absorbed by the towel. This will make the process easier.
- Sprinkle about a teaspoon of dry shampoo onto your hair, using a brush to carefully remove tangles and let the shampoo spread around your hair. Make sure to focus on the ends of your hair as well, as they are the oiliest part. If you have no dry shampoo around, cornstarch makes for a great substitute. While some people recommend baby powder, it's best not to and to use it as a last resort.
- You can leave the dry shampoo on and be on your way, but if you have the time, shampoo your hair like you usually would. Dry shampoo absorbs the excess oil from your hair, but shampooing and rinsing will definitely make sure that it's completely out.Leave the shampoo on for five minutes or so, letting it absorb and break down the oils. If it still feels oily or greasy, repeat the routine
- Use conditioner, but only at the ends of your hair. Make sure that you use a small amount only at the ends since the roots have been hydrated from the coconut oil hair mask. This is to let your hair moisturize after your shampooing.
- If you have no dry shampoo, you can create one of your own to remove the oil from our hair . Simply mix in uncooked oatmeal, corn starch, baking flour and rice flour.
5. Cider vinegar
Cider vinegar contains neutralizing agents that help remove the oil out of your hair. Add one cup of it and massage it to your hair for a few minutes, letting it sit until rinsing it out with lukewarm water.
6. Dishwashing liquid
Adding dishwashing liquid will also help get rid of extra oils , similar to how it does to oily dishes. Just make sure to shampoo and condition your hair right after to avoid the chemicals from damaging your hair.
7. Baking soda
Baking soda is used to remove oil from different substances, and is also a remedy to getting oil out of your hair .
- Simply mix a tablespoon of baking soda with a bit of water, enough to make a paste.
- Like conditioner, massage it to your hair, leaving it on for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse it thoroughly with warm water right after, and condition your hair.
8. Paper towels
If you are nowhere near any shampoo or powder to help absorb the oil, then paper towels may be your last resort . Pat it on your hair to remove as much oil as you possible can.
9. Aloe vera
- Mix a teaspoon of aloe vera gel and lemon juice to your shampoo.
- Massage your hair thoroughly with the mixture and let it be for about 10-15 minutes.
- After, rinse it with lukewarm water.
You can also use alo vera gel alone and apply it to your scalp and ends of your hair, leaving it for 10-15 minutes and rinsing it well after.
10. Lemon Juice
The acidity of lemon (just like apple cider vinegar) is also a great way to wash the excess oils out.
- Use the juices of two lemons and add it to two cups of water .
- If you have honey, it's recommended to add 3 tablespoons of it for better results.
- Massage this onto your scalp and hair, then rinse it with lukewarm water after leaving it on for a few minutes.
You can also use other ingredietns with acidic content such as tomatoes or black tea.
Coconut oil has many benefits, but it can be a bit bothersome at times when you can't seem to take it off properly! Hopefully, these tips on how to get coconut oil out of your hair helped you.
Now you know how you'll be able to get it out, whether you used it as treatment or accidentally spilled some! This is very important to learn, as you and your hair will now be able to get out of sticky situations (literally!), avoiding a hefty fee at the salon, or ruining your hair for good.
All these procedures take more or less an hour, depending on how much coconut oil is in your hair.
But either way, they are easy to do and require nothing else but household items.
Did you enjoy the post? Then share it to inform your loved ones! If you have more suggestions on how to get coconut oil out of your hair, then comment down below.