How to Get Rid of Strawberry Legs and Flaunt Your Spotless Stems
How to Get Rid of Strawberry Legs? You don’t have to worry anymore. In this guide, I will share with you an easy-to-follow procedure that will help you tackle strawberry legs in an effective manner.
I struggled with strawberry legs myself for quite a long time. I tried various creams, home remedies and other tricks but nothing seemed to deliver a long-term effect. However, the method I am sharing in this guide was told to me by one of my new neighbors, and boy does it work!
I have already recommended this method to other ladies in my friend circle, and it has helped almost all of them.
Once you read this guide and learn how to get rid of strawberry legs in an effective manner, you will soon be back to flaunting your gorgeous, spotless legs.
What You Will Need
The method I am about to share is a simple, inexpensive home remedy that requires very common items that can be found in most homes. However, if any of these products is not available at your home, you can easily find them in most supermarkets or even online.
- Brown sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Aloe Vera gel – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Loofah (Even a soft towel will do)
- Coconut oil / Glycerin (optional)
- Warm and cold water
I have found that Aloe Vera gel is not easily available in few areas, so I will also be sharing an alternative method that is just as effective. For this method, you will need:
- Brown Sugar and Olive Oil in 1:2 ratio
2 Ways How to Get Rid of Strawberry Legs
Method 1 – Homemade Scrub with Aloe Vera
Without further delay, let’s jump into the first way to deal with strawberry legs.
- You must begin by making a homemade style scrub using the brown sugar, Aloe Vera gel and lemon juice. Take a small bowl and mix all these ingredients in the bowl. Make sure to mix properly till all ingredients are thoroughly blended with each other. The resulting paste should have a fine consistency and ensure no lumps are formed in the process.Please follow this recipe carefully and do not attempt to change the amount of any ingredient being used. Changing the proportions of ingredients may simply render this method ineffective.
- Wet your legs with warm or cold water. Next, use a loofah or a small piece of soft cloth to apply the paste you made in the previous step to the affected areas. Apply the paste in gentle circular motions, and ensure that you do not miss any area. Improper application can cause an odd-looking condition with most strawberry legs erased, but few still left behind. Do not use an unclean cloth to apply the paste as it can cause the skin condition to worsen or cause some other allergic reaction.
- Now rinse your legs with warm water. Do not use cold water to remove the paste. Once you have rinsed your legs with warm water, only then can you use cold water to finish off. While rinsing, use a clean, new and gentle cloth. If you have highly sensitive skin, you may use cotton to dab the water off.
- Once you have dried your legs, finish off by massaging some coconut oil (or any oil of your choice) or glycerin on your legs. This is an optional step but oil and glycerin are great moisturizers that will help nourish and sooth your skin post the exfoliation. You may also use any other moisturizer of your choice.
This method works well for any skin type, but is especially effective in the case of sensitive skin. To gain maximum benefit out of this method, soak your legs in warm water for about 15 minutes before applying the paste of brown sugar, lemon juice and Aloe Vera gel. This will help open up the pores more easily.
For the more inquisitive minds, here are the reasons for using brown sugar, Aloe Vera gel and lemon juice. While brown sugar is popular for being a great exfoliating agent, Aloe Vera gel possesses several great anti-inflammatory properties. The lemon juice acts a catalyst and helps speed up the whole process.
Method 2 – Homemade Scrub without Aloe
VeraIf you cannot find Aloe Vera gel around your home, don’t worry. Use this method instead.
- Take a small bowl and mix some olive oil and brown sugar in it. Decide the amount of brown sugar and olive oil depending on the size of the area to be covered, but ensure that the sugar and oil are present in a 1:2 ratio. Mix the two ingredients properly to form a consistent paste.
- Before applying the paste, dip your legs in warm water for at least 15 minutes. After doing this, apply the paste of sugar and oil on your wet legs. Apply using gentle circular movements with a loofah or soft piece of clean cloth. Avoid a dusty or unclean cloth to keep allergies at bay.
- Rinse with warm water followed by cool water, and use a clean piece of cloth or cotton to pat your leg dry. You can also choose to moisturize your skin with any oil or glycerin post the rinsing to help sooth your skin and nurture it back back to its natural state.
More Pro Tips
Apart from the two highly effective methods discussed above to tackle the problem of strawberry legs, here are some more tips to help you keep your legs looking spotless and gorgeous.
- If you encounter the issue of strawberry legs often, then make sure to replace your clothes, bath mits and loofahs frequently. These items are potential bacteria carriers and can cause strawberry legs to show up very often, especially if you have sensitive skin.
- Next time you go out to buy a soap, check for soaps that contain salicylic acid. These soaps will help exfoliate the skin and reduce the occurrences of dark big pores on your legs. You may even consult your skin specialist for any specific soap recommendations.
- If you shave your legs, remember to always exfoliate your legs exactly one day before you plan to shave. This will go a long way in keeping the strawberry legs away.
- Massage your feet often with a mixture of tea tree oil and olive oil. Mix 2-3 drops of tea tree oil and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and massage this mixture onto your legs.
- If you are in a hurry or have none of the ingredients mentioned above, you can also use egg whites to treat strawberry legs. All you need to do is apply the egg white directly upon the affected area, leave it on for about 5 minutes, and then rinse with cool water. Use a clean cloth to pat dry your leg and finish with a moisturizer of your choice.
In this guide, I have tried to address the strawberry legs problem by sharing simple yet highly effective methods that you can use right in the comfort of your home. However, do not wait until the dark spots show up next time and make use of the pro tips I shared to keep strawberry legs at bay. This way, you will be able to flaunt your fantastic legs all-round the year.
I hope you enjoyed reading this guide, and found it helpful enough to solve your problem. If you have any questions or suggestions to share, please feel free to use the comments section below. And please share this article with your friends if you think it can help them fight strawberry legs too.