How To Get Rid Of White Spots On Skin – 7 Super Easy Remedies
Vitiligo is the fancy medical lingo for white spots on the skin. This condition, in which white patches or spots appear on the body, can happen to anyone at any time.
These spots generally occur when the skin cells responsible for producing melanin in the body stop functioning properly. This condition can become embarrassing and ugly.
While you should always have your skin checked by a doctor if you notice any white patches, here are some super easy and effective tips on how to get rid of white spots on skin that you can try at home in the meantime.
1. Drink Water from a Copper Container
Drinking water from a copper container should be done every morning and you can try this in conjunction with any of the other remedies on our list.
- Copper can reduce the appearance of white spots on the skin by stimulating the production of melanin in the body.
- Copper is one of the elements that is required by tyrosinase, an enzyme in the body.This enzyme is required for melanin pigment synthesis.
- Copper also adds a lot of additional health benefits, including the improvement of connective tissues in the body, and healthier hair and eyes.
- Copper prevents aging and increases energy as well. It can also regulate the heart, reduce arthritis symptoms, balance the thyroid glands and reduce cholesterol.
So, you might want to keep this remedy going even after your white spots disappear!
- All you need to do is pour water into a copper container, flask or pot and let it sit overnight at room temperature. In the morning, drink the water and you should see results after a short period of time.
2. Use Vitamin E Oil on the Skin
Vitamin E oil has the unique ability of acting as a nutrient and an antioxidant in one. It is very versatile and good for your skin in general, but it is especially effective for reducing white spots.
Vitamin E keeps skin hydrated and promotes quick recovery from infections. In addition to reducing white spots, applying Vitamin E oil to your skin has many added benefits, including reducing wrinkles, making rough skin and dry lips hydrated and soft and curing cracked cuticles.
- All you need to do is apply a little bit of pure Vitamin E oil to the affected areas of your skin a few times a day. Let it sit on your skin for at least 30 minutes before washing it off or engaging in any activity that would wipe it off of the skin. After 30 minutes, you can wash it off with lukewarm water.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is super effective at cleaning and healing the skin. Sometimes, vitiligo is caused by fungal or bacterial infections, and if this is the case for you, apple cider vinegar will take care of the problem right away.
You can use this natural ingredient in a number of different ways to reduce the appearance of white spots on your skin.
- One of the methods is to mix two parts water with one part apple cider vinegar and apply this over the affected areas of your skin a few times throughout the day.
- You can also wash the affected areas of your skin with the same solution.
- You can also draw a warm bath for yourself, add a few drops of apple cider vinegar to it, and soak yourself for 15 minutes every day. Not only is this an effective remedy for clearing up the white spots on your skin, but it will give you a great excuse to unwind and relax in a nice, warm bath every day.
4. Apply Turmeric Powder and Mustard Oil
Turmeric is a miracle seasoning that has awesome antibacterial and healing properties. Its antibacterial quality makes turmeric especially effective for reducing white spots on the skin if your vitiligo is caused by a bacterial infection.
Applying turmeric to the skin also has the added benefits of improving the elasticity of the skin, providing ant-aging properties, lightening stretch marks, treating acne and healing cracks in the skin.
All you need to do is mix a few drops of mustard oil with a little bit of turmeric until it forms a thick paste.
Apply the mixture over your white spots once every morning and evening every day until you notice your white spots start to fade. If you continue the treatment regularly, they should eventually disappear altogether.
5. Apply Raw Honey
Honey is awesome at healing the body, which is why many people usually take a spoonful of it when they get sick.
Honey contains an impressive number of nutritional qualities, packing a whopping 27 minerals, 22 amino acids and 5,000 different enzymes! But did you know that your skin loves honey too? Honey contains potent antifungal and antibacterial qualities that aid in quickly healing a number of skin infections.
It is also very effective at treating white spots on the skin. One great thing about honey is that the skin absorbs it easily.
All you need to do is wash your skin with warm water and pat it dry with a clean, soft towel. Take some raw honey and apply it over the affected areas of your skin.
Let it sit for at least 20 minutes to make sure that your skin has absorbed it properly. After 20 minutes, use lukewarm water to wash it off. You can do this twice a day until you see your white spots start to disappear.
6. Use Ginger, Red Clay and Lemon Juice
Ginger, red clay and lemon juice are all very powerful antibacterial ingredients on their own, but when you combine them properly, they’re super effective at improving blood circulation, restoring the pigments in the skin and cleaning any infections.
There are a few different ways you can use these ingredients to reduce the white spots on your skin.
- You can use ginger alone on the affected area of the skin by cutting a small piece of raw ginger and simply rubbing the juice of it over the white spots on your skin.
- You can also squeeze the juice of ginger out and mix it with a bit of red clay. Red clay has a high copper content, which if you remember from number one on the list, is an excellent element to speed up the production of melanin in the body.
Apply the ginger and red clay paste over the affected areas of your skin and let it sit for at least 20 minutes. After 20 minutes you can rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- A third way to use the juice of ginger effectively is to squeeze it out and mix it with a cup of water and a little bit of fresh lemon juice. Drink this mixture twice a day and you will see your white spots begin to disappear. Not only that, but it’s super healthy for your body in a number of different ways.
7. Apply Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is great for the skin and hair. You’ve probably seen a lot of lotions and shampoos made with coconut oil, and there’s good reason for that.
It’s made of the perfect combination of saturated fats, Vitamin E and a number of important proteins. Coconut oil is soothing on the skin and helps heal chronic inflammation. You can use it as a lip gel, a skin softener, a makeup remover and as a treatment for a number of skin disorders.
It also has great antibacterial and antifungal properties and promotes melanin production in the skin, which means that it aids in the re-pigmentation of the skin.
All you need to do is apply pure extra-virgin coconut oil to the affected areas of your skin two to three times per day. Do this for at least two weeks and you will start to see those white spots fade away.
No one wants to deal with unsightly white spots anywhere on the body. You can use any of these treatments in conjunction with any treatment your doctor may have prescribed for treating the underlying cause of vitiligo in your specific case.
There’s no harm in trying any of them, and you can even try multiple remedies at once.
Follow the tips, tricks and remedies outlined in this article and you’ll be on your way to getting rid of that nasty vitiligo in no time at all. Each of the ingredients used in the remedies above are completely