How To Make Your Hands Soft – 7 Absolutely Awesome Ideas
Winters are the hardest time of the year for me because my hands start to look unappealing.
I get so embarrassed because my hands have this dry, wrinkled look. Well, I have been battling this situation for a long time, and looking to know the answer how to make your hands soft and last year I could get rid of this dry hands problem.
Well, let me you that I tried out simple things, but they were no less than a miracle for me. If you are also yearning to get soft hands, then I can really help you out in overcoming this problem.
For this make sure that you read every word of what I am about to say.
Unveiling the ideas
Now all you need to do is try out the ideas I have just mentioned, and you will witness a difference in no time.
#1- Sugar and Olive oil scrub
Now you will be surprised to know that olive oil is a natural moisturizer. You should not waste your time and money on costly moisturizers when you have the best moisturizer lying in your pantry.
Now all you need to do is mix a teaspoon of sugar with about half a teaspoon of olive oil to make a perfect scrub. When you get this gritty looking mixture, then you need to apply this mixture onto your skin.
Make sure that you evenly apply this mixture on both your hands. After sometime rinse the mixture off with water.
Both sugar and olive oil have their own set of benefits. When you add sugar to the olive oil, then it acts as a natural exfoliating agent and helps to remove the dead skin from your hands.
Make sure that you apply a good moisturizer after you have removed the olive oil and sugar mixture. You will notice that your hands will be really soft after the application of this scrub.
#2- Soaking hands in egg yolk
Now I am a working woman so I can clearly relate to the idea that you just cannot spend a lot of time pampering yourself. I am on a strict budget most of the time, so I do not really have the money to buy expensive hand creams.
However, some time back I was cleaning my kitchen when I thought of conducting an experiment. I decided to use egg yolks as a hand softening method.
Now the method is pretty simple :
- All you need to do take an egg and separate the yolk and the white.
- Take a small bowl and add in the egg yolk.
- Add about half a teaspoon of almond powder, one teaspoon of honey and a few drops of rose water. Stir the mixture well.
- Apply it to your hands for about 10 minutes and let the mixture dry up.
- After 10 minutes wash away the mixture from your hands,
And you will notice that your hands do become soft by this cheap inexpensive trick.
#3- Coconut Oil hand scrub
Well, I am an ardent believer of the blessings of Mother Nature. I have tried using coconut oil for my hair, and it did wonders. Some time back I decided to try using a coconut oil scrub to eliminate the dryness of my hands.
- I took a bowl and added a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- I also added about one-fourth cup of sugar and one-fourth cup of salt.
- Additionally, I added a tablespoon of lemon juice along with two tablespoons of honey.
- Once all the ingredients were added up then I applied the mixture on my hands.After applying the mixture, I rubbed it on my hands.
- I allowed the mixture to stay on my hands for about ten minutes, and then I washed my hands with warm water.
You can try out this remedy as well once or twice a week, and the difference in your hands will be quite evident. You will surely start to love coconut oil after trying this remedy.
#4- Sugar and lemon scrub
When you are looking for a quick remedy to get softer and fairer looking hands, then the sugar and lemon scrub can do the job for you.
- All you need is half a slice of lemon and put some sugar on it.
- Now squeeze off the juice from the lemon slice having sugar on your hands.
- You can easily wash your hands after five minutes.
Your hands will become softer, and lemon gives a natural bleached look to your skin, so it is definitely worth the chance.
#5- Milk and rose water
Milk and rose water is my favorite remedy for soft hands. It is quick, and you will actually feel that your hands look nourished after applying a mixture of rose water and milk.
- Take about a cup of milk and add about two tablespoons of rose water into the milk.
- Mix this mixture well.
- Apply it to your hands.
- The best thing to do will be to apply this mixture with a cotton pad.
- Leave it on for about an hour and then wash it off.
This remedy is perfect and gives quick results.
#6- Plain yogurt
Now if you have a dearth of ingredients in your pantry then do not worry because even a simple application of yogurt will do wonders for your dry skin.
- All you need to do is take a tablespoon of yogurt in a bowl and mix it well.
- Apply the yogurt on your hands.
- The best thing to do will be to let the yogurt stay on your hands for about 20 to 30 minutes. Yogurt tends to dissolve into the skin.
- After 20 minutes, wash your hands with warm water.
You will notice that your hands will feel softer. If you want better results, then you can also add a teaspoon of olive oil in the yogurt.
#7- Potato juice
If you have no fancy ingredients at home to pamper your hands, then worry no more.
- All you need is potato juice.
- Apply some potato juice on your hands.
- You should allow the potato juice to stay on your hands for some time.
- Once the juice has dried up, then wash your hands.
I find this remedy to be quite appealing because it takes me a minimal time and gives the best results when you need to get soft hands pretty fast. This remedy works for whitening and softening your hands.
Protection of hands
We have already focused on the remedies that you need to try out. However, if you want to get the best results, then you need to ensure that your hands are well-protected as well.
You need to remember the fact that the cold weather causes a lot of damage to your skin. This is why you need to have an extra pair of gloves with you at all times. You should carry the gloves with you when you are going out.
You might not pay a lot of attention to this very important issue, but washing hands also cause your hands to dry up and look wrinkled.
Well, make sure that you get hold of latex and rubber gloves. Wear these gloves when you wash the dishes.
You should drink plenty of water throughout the day. The reason is that water hydrates your body and your skin. This is yet another effective way to cure dry skin.
Now some people get over ambitious when applying lotions. Well, it is important that you should not use lotions in excess. The excess use of lotions also tends to dry up your skin. You can also try applying petroleum jelly on dry hands. This really works well for me.
Try out all the remedies that I have suggested above. Make sure that you use the ingredients in the suggested proportions for best results. However, if you want the results to be lasting then you will have to try out the ideas I have given for protecting your hands as well.
Did you find my ideas useful?
Well, you will get the desired results if you are consistent with the use of these home remedies.
I promise you one thing that you will be surprised by the results.
Recently I have been getting so many compliments on my beautiful hands. When I tell people around that I just tried simple home remedies, then they do tend to get surprised. They just cannot believe the fact that I did not spend a lot of money on expensive hand creams.
If you have a limited budget, then you just do not have to worry at all because these remedies will be able to get the results fast in simply no time.